Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Princess Cruises is geared toward the elderly

Sail Date: May 17, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Alaska was absolutely breathtaking, but the ship left much to be desired. There was nothing to do on the ship if you were over 17 and under 65. The activities offered included knitting, afternoon tea and not much other than those types of activities. Everything closed at 10pm, and half the hot tubs and one pool were closed at all times. The shows on the tv in the mini suite were old Love Boat reruns and the movies were at least a year old and were movies we saw on NCL last year. When we arrived on the ship, there was no celebration like we are used to on NCL, and the same goes for when we stopped in port. Princess had nothing going on, but right across the port NCL had dancers, music and jugglers as people left the ship to go into port. The biggest issue I had was with Princess taking money from my credit card and when it was supposed to be refunded, they continued to try to take money from my card, which I had to finally take off file. Again, the money was supposed to be refunded but I was getting letters and calls in my room stating they couldn't access my card. I had to deal with just about everyone at the front desk due to this issue. Each person gave me a different answer to what was going on and when it would be fixed. There was no consistency or across the board resolution and I finally had to speak to the finance manager to get the correct answer as to what was going on. The first girl who "helped" me didn't even go through the process of trying to get things fixed. The only person who knew her job was a girl named Odeth. I had to visit the front desk at least half a dozen times in two days! I cancelled plans with NCL and booked with Princess, which I feel was a HUGE MISTAKE! We will NEVER give Princess another chance. Alaska was great, Princess was HORRIBLE. I will say, the staff was great, we loved our Steward and the food was good. It is obviously a corporate problem with training and inconsistent policies. We will only go NCL from now on! I forgot to mention, it is Princess' 50th year Anniversary and there was nothing special going on.

Cruise Photos

Too many features that were closed and unable to be used.
Food was delicious and they had a variety from plain to somewhat exotic.
Odeth at the front desk was AWESOME! We loved our steward, Ronaldo!
There was nothing to do unless you went to formal night or knitting class.
My son loved the Teen Center, he is 13.
There was not much to do. One pool and two hot tubs down, no shuffleboard, couldn't find equipment for mini golf even after being told by three different people that it was in three different places.
Cabin / Stateroom Loved the mini-suite! Lots of room, and the balcony was perfect for viewing the Inside Passage.
Seattle, Washington
Didn't have time to check out Seattle.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Beautiful, quaint town.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Stunningly Beautiful!
Juneau, Alaska
Mendenhall Glacier, breathtaking!
Skagway, Alaska
Beautiful..we climbed a mountain!

The Crab Shack was great! I ate alone since my husband is allergic to seafood and they played games with me to keep me entertained. The crab was delicious!!