An excellent Mexican Riviera cruise for the whole, multi-generational family of 12!

Royal Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Royal Princess

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 13, 2019

Ship: Royal Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: L235

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

This was my partner and my first cruise. We did it so the whole family could go on a cruise together. It was a wonderful vacation together. We enjoyed our rooms and loved the food. I can't stop raving about it! This 7-night cruise gave us multiple opportunities to do things together; eat together; hang out. We would definitely go on another cruise as a family in the future. Thank you!

Embarkation

organized. Although some had problems with the OceanReady medallion, we did not.

Ship experiences

Horizon Court (buffet) was superb! I was impressed with the quality and variety of food. My family appreciated all the different types of ethnic food and the huge quantities of seafood! The main dining rooms were very good. The Royal High Tea (which we paid for) was a letdown. The tea was not lukewarm. The bread for the sandwiches was not fresh. There were not enough sandwiches served initially. The Specialty dinner (at the Crown Grill- Steak & Seafood restaurant) was also a disappointment. I ordered the lobster which was oily. The lobster in the dining room on lobster night was much better! The steak was good.

Movies under the stars; the Escape Room; dance lessons; stretching class. I do have one complaint though -- we could not use the air hockey game even though no one in the teen center was using it.

I received an e-mail re: upcoming entertainment and the one show we were really looking forward to (Silk?) was not presented. That was a disappointment.

We did not have children of our own. We don't know what our nieces and nephew thought of the Childere's Programs.

They were very attentive, friendly and helpful.

I liked the design. We LOVED our cabin with a balcony on the Lido deck. The common areas were clean and well-maintained.

We would give it 5 PLUS stars. The cabin was perfect. The bed was so comfortable. We also loved its location -- on the same floor as the Horizon Court.

Ports of call

San Pedro (Los Angeles), California Did not visit port

We just used this port to embark on the ship.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

We hired our own water taxi and toured around the island and saw the sights. We also ate lunch at a highly rated local restaurant on the beach.

Mazatlan, Mexico

We booked a bike tour around old Mazatlan and on the boardwalk. A lot of fun!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Did not visit port

We had previously visited Puerto Vallarta and chose to stay on board to visit with my mom who did not disembark.

Disembarkation