Trip of a life time

Riviera Cruise Review to Europe

Barcelona to Venice
Sail Date: May 16, 2017
Ship: Riviera

The destinations were outstanding and we never felt rushed when visiting each port.  The food was amazing and probably the best culinary experience we have ever experienced from the quality, to the service to the menu choices.

5 star on par with any fine dining experience in the USA

Shows were entertaining, but not on par with other cruise lines.

The only problem we experienced was there was complimentary lap top and wireless service. However, after several days of trying to get it to work they determined there was something wrong with the service from our cabin at the front of the ship. They gave us a bottle of wine for the problem, but I was very disappointed with not being able to solve the problem. It almost cost me some business by not being able to be available to my customers at home. Fortunately I was able to work around it.

Definitely book dinners early for the 4 specialty restaurants because they are outstanding and get booked up early.

We had an excursion guide who was disorganized and curt. A passenger told him it was hard to hear him and he responded "what do you want me to do about it?" His name was Michael and several passengers were talking about his lack of people skills.