Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Service was wonderful, food was not.

Sail Date: August 08, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first cruise, so I didn't know what to expect.  The room was lovely and fairly spacious and the service was wonderful.  The servers at the restaurants were extremely accommodating and pleasant.  The Windjammer serves thousands of meals a day which boggles my mind, but, since you asked..................even though there were many options, I had a terrible time finding anything that looked/sounded appealing.  I tried some of the dishes and didn't eat more than a few bites.  Many of the dishes were foreign to me and the descriptions weren't helpful.  Is seems like food that I thought that I was familiar with, such as a simple carrot salad, was nothing like any carrot salad that I have ever had and was seasoned strangely......The deli had nice turkey and ham salad, and the bacon, eggs, muffins, etc were good...........One issue was that during the cruise, start to finish, the areas where you got your ice, juice, etc either had an ice machine that didn't work and a drink fountain that did or vise versa so you would get your drink at one location and add ice at another.  They started adding a tub of ice at the locations where the ice machine was not working, which was not sanitary, so I don't know how many people used them.......

I hope this is helpful.  I am just giving my opinion..

Thanks for asking...........Sherry

Very clean and current
Didn't care for most of the food as I wrote in my comments.
Marianne took care of our room and was wonderful. Elmer was wonderful as a server.
Some of the comedy/magic act could have been a little more child friendly
They enjoyed camps, would have enjoyed more activites.
Somewhat limited
Juneau and Skagway were tourist traps, but we enjoyed the whale watching in Juneau