This ship and crew are AMAZING!!

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 30, 2014
Ship: Rhapsody of the Seas

This was our first experience in cruising. We learned a lot! We found that you have to be prepared to fill your own time when the provided activities aren't of interest to you. We had not expected this, so therefore, our first few days were not the best.  However, we became acquainted with the ship a little more and found ways to spend our time. I can't say enough about this amazing ship and its crew.  The ship was always clean and "in place". Each morning all areas were back in place and neat and clean. The crew in all areas were pleasant and interested in making sure you were having a great time. They were like one great big family !I was pleased that we could understand everyone..they all knew enough English to talk with us about a variety of topics. (my daughter had been on a cruise where they couldn't even understand the announcements!) I would not hesitate to book on this ship, or for that matter, any of the Royal Caribbean ships as I expect that they are all as well run as this one. The reason I gave this cruise only 4 stars was due to the activities.. I found them less than I had expected and would have enjoyed more lectures on the background history for the ports of call that we would see. Other than that, the food was great, the crew was great, and accommodations were great !! Everyone was very helpful! Alaska and its glaciers were, of course, absolutely beautiful. We had not been there before, but were told numerous times that the weather we were experiencing was exceptional.. absolutely perfect!

Dining room was always beautiful. Food always looked and tasted great!

This is one area that for us could improve. We found ourselves with more time on our hands than we wanted, without something interesting to do.

Some entertainment wasn't exactly family friendly. I would have liked to have more informative lectures about Alaska available.

don't know

Those taking care of table 214 on the Alaskan cruise departing Seattle May 30th! Also our steward (the one that takes care of our room)! 3640! SUPER JOB!!

Exceptional!

Since we hadn't cruised before, I didn't know how big the window would be. It is BIG! You have a wonderful view of the ocean. We were on deck 3 and it was perfect!

If you are heading to the Windjammer for a meal, and don't want to go through the open pool deck area (which was always cold and windy for us), or through the casino, just walk the length of the hall on deck 3 or 4 and go to the elevator at the front of the ship. It puts you right there.

We got in the day before and were able to spend time at Pikes Place and sight see.
Take your seasick medicine! We had rough seas enough that we got caught!
Cruising in May is not the time to see the Salmon running, or the bears, or the whales. It's too early in the season. But the city is beautiful and glacier is amazing.
We took the train ride and the city tour. Both were very informative!
WOW! Our captain was amazing at getting the ship within 1 mile of the glacier (Dow glazier, not Tracy Arm due to ice conditions that day)! Stunning!
Took the hop on hop off bus, but ended up walking to areas 3-7 due to their close proximity. Very beautiful and interesting areas to visit.