Regal Princess Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Third Mate

Regal Princess 7 night canada & new england cruise

Sail Date: October 10, 2015

I gave this cruise a fair rating because the room service was just horrible.  my room steward was fantastic.  but somebody should teach the kitchen crew that does room service, to at least try their own cooking.  Having taught cooking in the past, I can tell you that the chicken??? broth leaves a lot to be desired.  It tasted watered down and with out much of any flavor.  having a slight cough I opted to eat in my room one night.  What a mistake!  the ONLY thing that they got right was the hot water and tea bags.  I ordered breakfast in my room on the days that I was going on an excursion that left the boat early.  they completely forgot to deliver it.  I, therefore, had to go all morning on an empty stomach.  not even any coffee!!!  that did not help my cough at all.   the one time I did get the "Breakfast sandwich" it was cold and very,very dry.  never could eat the pears.  they were hard as a rock.  As for the broth a little Telma instant powder would have been a lot better.  so I ordered breakfast 4 times and received it once.  On my previous trip on Holland America, the room service was every bit as good as the dining room and would deliver most all of the dining room items on request.  their regular room service menu was soooo much better.  In spite of everything,(no writing paper, no pen not enough towels,) Desmond made the vacation most delightful.  he took care of the room problems when his helper just ignored me. so what do you think, was the service A+ ?  I don't think so.

Cabin was fine, Not enough towels for two adults.
I was told that the pool was heated. only the jaquzzi was. SO I couldn't do my arthritis workout that I do every day at home. I was lied to by the people working in the office. or whoever answers questions.
accept for Desmond, most of the people came across like they were tired of their job.
was lied to about drink card!! I was told both on the phone and on the ship that the card included milkshakes. When I went to get them guess what, no shakes on board!!! the dining room was great. food was superb.

1 Comment