Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Highly Recommended

Sail Date: September 02, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

We had a great time on Radiance of the Seas. The crew was exceptional. If I could give 4.5 I would. I'm reducing it from perfect because there were a few things they could improve upon. I would have liked a bathrobe provided--that's a pretty major thing to have to bring. They also had trouble providing a decent steak. All of the seafood, pasta, fowl and lamb dishes were perfect but the steaks were rubbery and tasteless.

The stops on this cruise were excellent and we enjoyed three of the ship shows very much (two comedians and a juggler). However, we opted not to attend any performances by the Royal Caribbean Dancers and Orchestra based on their lack luster performance at the first night show.

I felt it was a great trip--just sorry it's over.

Cabin provided great storage. It was small (as expected) but certainly adequate for the short amount of time we were in it.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
Didn't spend any time here but we did enjoy the bus ride from Anchorage on the Big Bus. Great narration. Also the Nature Preserve was fun.
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
Had spectacular weather with several episodes of calving--doesn't get any better than what we saw.
Juneau, Alaska
Bike and Brew excursion was fun.
Skagway, Alaska
Loved the visit to the dog sled camp. Of course the litter of 8 wk old puppies didn't hurt.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
We had an excellent whale watch excursion--saw a pod of Orcas.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Was cold and rainy so that may have tempered my enthusiasm for this port. We did do some shopping which was fun.
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Very much enjoyed the "behind the scenes" tour of the ship. It's pricey but I was glad we did it.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Didn't really do much at this stop--just a tour on the way to the airport. I'd love to spend more time there.

We didn't do too many of the activities--especially when they seemed to be selling something. But the comedy acts were top notch--as was the juggling act from Vegas.
I recommend dinning in the main dining room every night and getting your buffet fixes for breakfast and lunch.