Great vacation!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska Hubbard Glacier Southbound (Seward To Vancouver)
Sail Date: June 24, 2016
Ship: Radiance of the Seas
Cabin Number: 2007

The ship was recently dry docked and underwent some maintenance and repairs.  The ship seems to be in good condition and well kept.  After cruising on Carnival two times prior to this cruise, in my opinion, I'd say Royal Caribbean and Carnival are pretty equivalent.  The Radiance of the Seas is decorated nicely and kept very clean.  The buffet hours seem a bit more open on the Radiance opposed to Carnival ships.  The entertainment onboard the Radiance is much better than Carnival.  The buffet on the Radiance was less than pleasing.  The quality of the food is about as low as it gets.  I can see that Royal Caribbean does this as part of the package for a reason...they want to up sell you on one of their restaurants on the ship.  The Samba Grill and the Chop steakhouse are both amazing!  The Samba Grill was simply incredible!  Amazing food!  The service on the ship was great! Every staff member was wonderful.  I'd say my biggest complaint with this cruise on the Radiance of the Seas is the buffet and the noise on the ship.  Like I mentioned before the buffet food is terrible.  The noise we experienced from our room on the 2nd floor came from down below.  Clearly a repair or maintenance was being made overnight.  Grinding and pounding for hours at a time late at night until early hours the next morning.  This happened 3 nights out of the 7.  After complaining after the 2nd time with no resolution, I was pretty upset.  The ship sits in port ALL day.  Unless that ship was about to sink or this repair was an absolute emergency that pounding and grinding noise was inappropriate.  All in all, I'd recommend this cruise to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas.  Make sure you bring warm clothes. It's cold in Alaska!

The buffet is terrible but the restaurants onboard are amazing!

Steve our cruise director did an amazing job keeping the ship entertained and busy.

Not at broadway quality but better than Carnival's shows.

Every staff member we interacted with was amazing!

Ship seemed to be well cared for. Our room was cleaned twice daily. I found a couple hairs on the sink when we first arrived. After a couple days of them just sitting I finally cleaned them myself. Good service but I think they should make a stronger effort at cleaning the room.

Typical room. Nothing fancy but clean and the furniture and decorating were good.

Samba Grill are amazing! Check them out!

Absolutely beautiful!
My favorite stop on the cruise!
Very commercialized near the cruise ship area but a very nice area!
Absolutely beautiful!