Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Experience of a Lifetime

Sail Date: August 07, 2015

This cruise was wonderful! We've wanted to visit Alaska for years and finally did it. Worth every penny. The stops thoughout the cruise made it memorable. The shore excursions are what really make it worthwhile.

Service on the Radiance was very efficient. Our needs were met with very little wait, like when we needed blankets in order not to freeze while watching the poolside movie.  There were a couple of moments when I was left scratching my head. For example, I asked for ham with my pancakes in the Cascades dining room. The server appeared perplexed by my order. He returned with finely diced ham (like you might put in a salad) and asked if it was okay. What I found most confusing about this is that upstairs at the Windjammer buffet they were serving sliced ham. I had the same experience when I asked for the low fat raspberry vinaigrette served upstairs. My waiter seemed perplexed. To her credit, she did bring it with my salad. Aside from those small moments, everyone did a great job to make this a wonderful experience. We greatly enjoyed ourselves!

Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
We took a 4hr city highlights tour during our short stay in Vancouver. We took the Sky Train from the airport with ease, to reach the Delta Vancouver hotel. Visit the Granville Island market!
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
In ketchickan we took a sightseeing tour.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
We started the day with a sightseeing tour and a little show. For us it was worth it because we learned more about Hoonah and the Tlingit than if we had just walked through the tiny town on our own. Aterwards I took a whale watching trip and lucked out because we saw the elusive orcas that aren't often seen. My husband did the ziprider and he loved it! It was his first time riding one.
Juneau, Alaska
We really enjoyed the whale watching and visit to Mendenhall glacier! When you reach the park, go straight to the 2mile path to Nugget Falls so you have enough time for the round trip. We spent too much time at the photo spot that was closer and didn't make it.
Skagway, Alaska
The White Pass railroad with the stop at the dog sled camp was great! This is where I found the Alaskan smoked sea salt at the best price!
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
Get a balcony and wake up early to see the glacier. One of the best iewing places is the helipad on deck 6 fwd.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
We took the 5hr cruise with Major Marine Tours and loved it!

Get a balcony!!! Seeing the sights as you're approaching the Hubbard glacier will make it worth every penny.