Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: May 22, 2015

Do the 3 day land portion first, alot of 3 and 4 hr traveling on bus and train..then you can relax on the cruise portion. We had no rain, weather was perfect, mostly averaged in low 60's. Coldest in icy strait in low 50's. Pay the extra money to take the Denali Park Tundra excursion instead of the free Royal Caribbean bus ride through the park, well worth the money! we saw every animal except wolves! The zipline in Juneau was excellent and beautiful, make sure you get the one that includes the Mendenhall Glacier it is gorgeous! We woke up to a rare scene of the full scale of Mt. Mckinley at the Talkeetna Lodge, what a view! I took my winter coat, but didn't use it, just a little layering and and nice light jacket that stops the wind. Radiance is a nice small ship and service is wonderful. One problem I had with the ship is that I paid for a full window so I could look out but it was so dirty I couldn't see much and forget about taking any pic's from the cabin..Very disappointed with that especially if you happen to be in your cabin and spot a whale!! One suggestion for Royal is that I wished they had a Botanist lecture onboard so that I knew what all the gorgeous flowers were. All in all, a great trip!