Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 05, 2015

Quantum is a beautiful ship and very high tech. However, the food in both types of restaurants was lacking. AND the SERVICE was horrible---except for Franco in The Grand Restaurant. RCI is getting things in order to send their ship to China. Many Chinese waiter/waitresses and assistants are learning the "ropes" of their job---at our expense and that was not cheap. Again, most of the food lacked taste and the service help were just learning. I felt like I/we were guinea pigs. {In CHIC restaurant, the waitress told me NOT to order the dish I wanted because it comes out of the kitchen very dry. I then ordered another dish and there was NO taste to it. I then requested a double portion of crab cakes, but no sauce was served with it. CHIC was the #1 LOUSY place to dine. Jamie's Italian Restaurant---fee charged per person---was not what I expected from an named ITALIAN restaurant. I won't go any further....]

The room steward RICO SY and the Diamond Concierge--Maureen Wang were superb. They knew what their jobs were and they were very profession AND friendly in performing their duties.

The ship was terriffic and the bells and whistles of the ship were very entertaining.
Ditto...same as above!
Everyone of the shows was superb. I didn't understand the story line of Starwaters, but I enjoyed the singing, dancing, choreography and high tech staging.
Children's Programs N/A---but there were tons of children on the ship because it was Spring break time for them and their families.
The best part for me was "The Captian's Corner" where passenger guests were invited to ask deep questions of the captain and his staff.
NOT MUCH TO DO IN PORT CANAVERAL---if you have already spent your money on a Florida vacation. The excursions were very expensive and did not allow for much time to do anything. I just stayed on the Quantum and enjoyed a sunny day and a fairly empty ship.
Plenty of storage space in the overhead bins---not very wide but very deep/long and a great balcony. However, ROOM SERVICE would only serve sandwiches and coffee/tea as complimentary. Everything else was a la carte. This is NOT what RCL has been about in the past. A FULL ROOM SERVICE MENU had been available on my previous 24 RCL sailings.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
We got n the ship pretty quickly---there were two weddings and a lot of back-to-back passengers before us. And we got ahead of all the other passengers becuase Jerry was in a wheel chair on and off the ship. I was a bit disappointed with the actual "newly constructed building" that was created for Cape Liberty----nothing like Fort Lauderdale for the Oasis Class ships. BUT it beats airplane travel and having to pull you lugguage around. And it took us just 2 hours to get there
Port Canaveral, Florida
If you were not taking one of the high priced excursions---because Port Canaveral is out in nowhere land/ like the Space Center and Disney---there was nothing to do right there. No shops/ no eating places---just stay on the ship which I had no problem with because that's what I love about cruising.
Been there---done that---with my 102 cruises.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I"ve always loved the private islands. I prefer Labadee which will come up on our Anthem cruise in November/December.

MAKING RESERVATIONS for dining and entertainment is not a problem IF you are computer literate. I had NO ISSUES with either---except that some of the restaurant managerial staff who were being trained didn't know how to use their tablets that would allow me in to the reservation that I knew I had ma

1 Comment