Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Beautiful New Ship

Sail Date: April 05, 2015

Every new innovation is on the Quantum.  We had a beautiful balcony stateroom that was larger than I expected. More than the usual storage facilities.  Glass enclosed shower.  Room steward and the dining room staff were exceptional. Saw Mamma Mia & it was wonderful.  Now the reason for the three star rating.  Long lines for any attraction.  We dined in the free dining rooms.  2 x's @ Chic, 2x's @ The American Icon Grill & 2x's @ The Grand (formal dress) & the last night @ the upstairs buffet.  The food was not that good.  I've been on RC 2x's before, once in Europe & the food was delicious & once to Bermuda and the food was not that good.  I'm comparing these dining experiences to Princess Cruises & Celebrity Cruises.  You can't compare RC to Princess or Celebrity.  Princess & Celebrity have wonderful food RC needs a new head chef.  I must say that breakfast was great  & we had that in the Am. Icon Grill everyday.  I could go on and on about the RC Food.  Lets just say it compares to Carnival & Carnival was not that good either.

If you waited in line to get a ticket
Did not do excursions because we have been to The Bahamas several times.
Un obstructed balcony. View wasn't that bad.

Checking in was a breeze. The track your luggage on your phone is a joke. I downloaded the app and was told it didn't always work. Got my luggage around 8pm! Never, ever did I ever wait that long.