Beyond DISAPPOINTED!

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 21, 2015
Ship: Quantum of the Seas

I purchased this cruise for my kids (12, 15) as a Christmas gift.

The beginning of this disaster started with an argument between two RC staff right in front of us at the check in desk stopping our check in process until they finished their argument.

We arrived on the ship to find broken decor, dirty and disheveled indoor and outdoor spaces and non existent/unfriendly crew that were not interested in being helpful and welcoming.

Food - bland and never changing

Food Service Staff - unfriendly, and busy discussing daily tasks with each other instead of serving passengers.  This included the management team who on several occasions interrupted myself and others being served to speak with their employees.

- Crew - unfriendly and not helpful with the exception of our room stewards.  Very accommodating even though we're "low maintenance" and didn't require much.  We never saw the Cruise Director.  Bar Tenders were not friendly and crabby.  I saw 1, yes that is 1 pool attendant serving drinks the entire 8 day cruise and she was busy checking her watch every minute to see when her shift was going to change.

Bar - Each and every time we (2 kids and myself - with drink packages) ordered something to drink, we were made to feel as if we were bothering the staff.   Not one smile in 8 days of cruising and each order was a "huge task" for the staff.  We were not ordering anything out of the ordinary.  In fact, when the kids were off exploring in the first few hours of boarding, i stopped in Michael's pub to order something to drink and perhaps an appetizer only to be overlooked several times sitting at the bar while the passengers next to me were being served their 3rd or 4th cocktail.  I finally was asked what I would like after about 30 minutes.  I never went back.  However, nothing much different at any other restaurant or bar on the ship.

- Ship - HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!  Everything in the "Seaplex" has a scheduled time that if the kids wanted to try something they waited in line for at least an hour to have a one time experience.  The living Room is nothing more than couches and TVs.  The "Solarium" is for adults only.  I saw a review that said there would be pool parties - NOT.  Kids are not allowed.  Which can be a good thing except when the advertised SEAPLEX is supposed to be for teens so they can have there space,  instead it is for everyone..... therefore LONG lines.

_ Our itinerary was changed prior to boarding.  We had a port day taken away leaving us only 2 days at port and 6 days of sailing with little to do.

- Prior to sailing, I tried on several occasions to book dinners and excursions only to have the website say they are not available for booking yet.  Upon arrival to the ship, we waited in a line to book dinner reservations.  Once I got to the reservation table ( a folding table), I had to kneel on the ground in front of the table as the hostess sat across from me on her chair with her laptop.  As we discussed options, she kept glancing around and not staying engaged in the conversation to book reservations.  I finally gave up and left after booking a couple of dinners.

- Labadee - RC private beach - EVERYTHING is additional $$ with the exception of the BBQ they serve once at lunchtime and drinks (only if you have a drink package).  Float mats are extra $, The floating H2O toys/park is extra $/hourly rate, Zipline is extra $, Rollercoaster is extra $, Waterslide is extra $...  for the price of the cruise, this should all be  apart of the experience!

I could go on and on, however, I think I made my point that this cruise line needs to make some changes towards a more pleasant customer experience and fine tune the details on their new ship!

If you still choose to cruise on this itinerary... Zip lining in Puerto Rico over the jungle canopy is the only thing we enjoyed that RC offered!  It was absolutely amazing and the staff were very friendly and fun!

bland with no variety

limited!

mama mia! Starwater - starts slow but worth it!

limited times for teen experiences leaving the kids waiting for at least an hour to do one activity

not friendly, unhelpful, crabby

many details were dirty, broken and simply not even near expectations for a brand new ship

oceanview balcony. very nice room

Not worth it!

Manhattan is a great side trip!
Zip Lining in the jungle! Must do!
RC cancelled this day at Labadee leaving us only 2 port days and 6 sailing days. Very disaponting when you book a cruise for port visits