Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

A bit of a let Down

Sail Date: December 12, 2014

To say we were excited for the Quantum of the Seas was an understatement. As Loyal Royal Caribbean Diamond Members, we are very used to the WOW of Royal. I went on this cruise with no expectation of getting off the boat as the Bahamas is not the best port no matter where you are. We looked forward to enjoying the boat.

Overall the ship felt very closed in and windy. We've sailed on Voyager class ships so it had nothing to do with the size of the ship rather the over all floor plan. But honestly, I could live with that since we enjoyed the north star, indoor sky diving, and lots of Trivia.  The worst part of the cruise which was truly unsatisfying was the Dynamic dining. You basically could not eat at a complimentary table served restaurant without a reservation and even if you did have a reservation there was always a wait of 10-20 minutes. After waiting on line and finally being seated the service was slow and the food quality wasn't that great. I ate at the Windjammer 3 or 4 days of my cruise this time around because of that. I felt that Royal was forcing me to eat at the restaurants that had a fee because the Italian restaurant Jamie Olivers for $15 a head for lunch was amazing. It was great service, great food, and a pleasure.

I truly hope that Dynamic dining does not catch on to the other ships because I may need to change cruise lines if thats the case.

Felt a little closed in
Dynamic dining is horrible. Felt forced to go to restaurants with a fees
Loved the entertainment
Shower was larger than ususal ships