Poor food and lack of entertainment

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Bahamas (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 12, 2014
Ship: Quantum of the Seas

We just got back from an 8 night cruise on the quantum of the seas.  I have been on many cruise with 5 different cruise lines. This was one of the poorest ones I have been on.  The quality of food on the free restaurants was awful.  The restaurants we had to pay for were very good.  I wonder if they do that on purpose?  We were on an 8 night cruise, they had shows for only 5 of those nights.  All the cruises I have ever been on had shows every night of the cruise.  We were at sea for 4 full days and 2 half days and there was no musice anywhere on board during the day or things going on during the day around the ship.  It will be a long time before I go on royal carribean again.

The buffet had the same food everyday and the free restaurants had the poorest food I have ever tasted.

There was a lack of on board activities, especially during the day and if you did not want to wait on lines to do anything in the seaplex

There was not enough entrainment on board, especially during the day.

Not applicable

The service was ok. There are not many waiters or bar staff on board so tables were left dirty for a along time.

The ship was beautiful and very clean.

Beautiful cabin and our Stewart was excellent

My recommendation is to avoid this ship, but if you decide to go, make your reservations for everything as soon as you make your booking. Plan on eating in the specialty restaurants . Their food is a bit better . It will be a while before I spend my money on a royal Caribbean ship again.

Very confusing trying to register to get on board
Did not go out of the pier
Things were easy enough to get to Atlantis
The tenders took a long time to board because they hold many people and they wait to fill up the tender completely.