Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

very nice route to take a cruise

Sail Date: August 03, 2015

This is a very scenary route for cruising which I recommend to everyone.

The on board experience is standard although the food is nothing special, which is not what I expect for this route of cruising since I am more interested in the places the ship stops and scenery views on the ship's path.  Free style gives you the comfort as you go off and on board. Meals for all the eight days are almost the same. For those who likes food and formal events, this may not the choice. Camera with a long zoom lense or a binocular definitely add more joy for your trip. If one is  looking for pool side activities, this route may not be the choice since the weather is a bit too cold.

Cruise Photos

Since I spend very little time in my cabin other than sleeping. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The outside activities such as onshore excursions, and onboard activities, as well as the scenery views on the top deck or walking/jungling on deck 6 while seeing all directions will keep you busy from staying in your own stateroom.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
standard cruise day. the mountains are still visible.
Ketchikan, Alaska
the length of the time is just right, enough to see some local life and history as well as do some shopping. It is a good place to shop for winter coat if you did not bring one as in you will not have much time to do shopping in Juneau nor skagway. It is very windy and could at the glaciers.
Skagway, Alaska
there are many options to stay here for over ten hours. We rented a car to drop all the way to whitehorse to the Yukon mountain scenery. definitely worth the trip. there is not mcu to to do in Skagway itself.
Cruise Glacier Bay
Very impressive seeing many glaciers. The park rangers on board is very helpful to understands how the glaciers are formed. Thanks the ranger onboard!
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
very impressive glacier.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
We took the bus along the beautiful scenery high way. A stop at the wild animal park definitely brings you to alaska if you are not going further north to Denali National Park!

This is a free style cruise. You don't have to bring a dress to save you luggage space and bring one less checked-in luggage for your flight. Very comfortable. I would be horrified to put on my tie every day as there are so much to do onshore and you don't want to waste your time dressing up.