Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not So Good 50th Anniversary Cruise

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go on a cruise for our 50th Wedding Anniversary as we had gone on one for our honeymoon.  I thought The NCL Sun would be the perfect trip so I  booked it.  Our children paid for it.  We got on board in Tampa and our room was decorated as another gift from our children.  That was very nice and we had a porthole view. We were very excited until we went to dinner.  We decided to go to the buffet and that's where we had our first taste of what would be the worst food we've ever had on a cruise. My husband loves prime rib and what he got was a small piece of meat about 1/4 inch thick and full of fat and gristle.  We went to the restaurants 3 times total and the menu was about the same every night.  Each night we had different waiters so we didn't get to know the people who served us. Some even acted like it was a chore to bring our dinners. On all the cruises we've taken we've had a special night with lobster and nice steaks and entertainment by the servers. When the best thing you have all week is a waffle with bananas for breakfast and a hotdog and French for lunch you know there is a problem.  There were some nice wait staff in the Garden Café. Our cabin server Amanda George was excellent. Always very pleasant and took care our needs for the weeks. Needless to say we will not be cruising on NCL again and are telling our friends not to travel on NCL.

Service and Staff Amanda George, Cabin Stewardess

Don't go on NCL if you want good food.