Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great people - not great value

Sail Date: November 17, 2007

As this was my first cruise, I have nothing to compare it to. while the balcony room was a decent size, there was some bottlenecking between the door and sofa. Given that this was a ship, it seemed acceptable. Overall, the accommodations were very satisfactory.

Pros: Excellent service - Very friendly and helpful crew - every one of them

Cons: Being charged premium, and I do mean premuim, prices for all alcoholic drinks and carbonated drinks. Being charged premium prices for tours and even the trip back to the airport at the end. That last trip would have been cheaper and much more convienent if we had just gotten one of the many cabs.

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

Not real enthused with the overall food selections in the main dining room. Oxtail soup seemed like watered down vegetable beef to me. Too much chicken and hamburger was under cooked. no wonder there are occasional illness outbreaks on ships. Service was excellent and fast and food was always served warm. Portions were a bit small, however.
Between the front door and sofa was a gauntlet of closet doors, bathroom door and bed that left about 2 feet between the bottom of the bed and the wall. Much too tight for comfort unless you're newly weds. Other than that, the stateroom was fine. Bath and shower were a bit small but hey -- what can you expect ??
Variety was good and most shows were good to very good. There was always something going on somewhere.
The size and quality of the ship was excellent. Again, except for some tight spaces in the room, the rest of the ship was extremely comfortable.
Can't say enough about the entire staff. They were great.
Belize City, Belize
Didn't take a paid tour. We learned our lesson. instead, we walked out of the tourist area, found a cab driver and had a great tour of the city. We saw much more than we would have on a tour bus, I am sure.
Don't Miss: Not sure..
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Not much here other than a nice beach. Our trip was over Thanksgiving week and the water was just too cold for us. Those who wanted to snorkel paid a premium price to rent gear.
Don't Miss: Not much to miss.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Would not take another tour of the Island in a cramped van for a premium price. Instead, I'll find a cab driver, pay them probably less than my wife and I paid for the tour and find a friendly, taxi driver to show us more for less cost..
Don't Miss: Not really much to see at the port. Would have liked to try the tree swinging but it rained the day we were there.
Again, we found an English speaking taxi driver and had him give us a tour around the island. Met some of his friends, had a great tour and it didn't cost us all that much. Besides, you get to know the driver and, even his family in some cases. - Lot of fun...
Don't Miss: Shopping and snorkeling are the biggies, given the short time in each port, you've just gotta pick one.