Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Needs Improvement

Sail Date: November 17, 2007

Room Type: Suite

I have cruised other cruise lines before and in comparison this ship was not as nice as I thought from the pictures and descriptions I read. It is an older, refurbished ship in their fleet and the staterooms show the wear.

It was a clean ship but nonetheless an older ship. The food was not anything "special" and my companion and I actually "lost weight" on this cruise.

I am sure other ships in the NCL fleet are newer and better and the freestyle cruising concept is one that I enjoyed.

One additional note, a holiday (Thanksgiving) is not the time to travel, if you want a quiet cruise, with all the kids onboard, it was quite noisy. The only reprieve came on "shore days" when we stayed on board.

Pros: Free style cruising concept

Cons: food quality and selection

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.

Belize City, Belize
zip gliding trip scheduled was canceled for this port
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
It was raining, however a quick tour of the "main drag" near the dock was taken. Unless you dive or snorkel, not really a "shopping" port.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras