Fun with the cousins!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 17, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Sun
The ship was nice. Nothing to fancy, but a nice, clean, basic cruise ship. No complaints, but there was nothing fantastic about it either. We really had fun though. We traveled with our kids and their cousins, and they keep each other happy. We were very sad on the last day to be leaving.
We love the private island. We've been here twice before, and it is just so beautiful to sit on the beach and look at the ship out beyond the rocks. I'd recommend buying your own snorkling gear. They want $29 to rent. You can buy your own at a big box store for $20 or so. We rented one of the big round floats for $20. Totally worth it if you have kids.
We went cave tubing with a tour operator not affiliated with the ship, as you had to be 12 to go with the ship's excursion and our kids were both younger. We were the only ones on our tour, and had a great time. Had the tour guide all to our selves and she told us a lot about the country. Very interesting. The city is much poorer and run-down than I imagined. I had always heard Belize is a fairly affluant country. Maybe parts of it, but not where we were. Pretty though. I heard the first season of Survivor was filmed there on a barrier island.
Don't Miss: Cave tubing
We went deep sea fishing with an independent operator. We caught three mahi-mahi, then they took us snorkling and made the best guacamoli (SP??) I've ever had! We had extra time to poke around the stores too.
Make sure you do SOMETHING here. Have a plan -- don't just get off the ship and walk around. There literally is nothing there. We went snorkling, which was beautiful, and my sister went horse back riding. She said it was great.
Don't Miss: Cave tubing

Pros: Shows

Cons: Freestyle dining

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.