Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

A great vacation

Sail Date: July 17, 2014

This cruise is was a great vacation. The countries visited were beautiful and the service on board was excellent.  The ship was good, but lacked some of the comfort of more modern cruises. What I liked the most was the general friendly atmosphere and the free cruising approach.  Food was good, not great,  and it took too long in the dinning rooms. Overall, I will recommend it to others without any hesitation.

Accommodations were fine, ship clean and the balcony the best featured.
Food and Dining Good but not a real fine dinning experience. Service was slow in the dinning room.
Very friendly and helpful
Some shows were really great others were just ok. They save the best for the last days.
Children's Programs Dk, have no kids on board
Good variety, missed a movie theater for days at sea.
I booked the on my own and had great results.
Always cleaned and comfortable. Best thing was the balcony with awesome views. Highly recommend it.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece Go to plaka nice shopping area.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey Best thing was the house of the Virgin Mary.
Istanbul, Turkey Beautiful but crowded.
Mykonos, Greece My favorite place. You do not need a tour, just walk around and take great pics.
Naples, Italy I recommend either Capri or going to the Amalfi COAST. LOVED IT.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy Too much to see. I recommend taking a tour with Aldo tours, ask for S lavatory, he was awesome
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy Again nothing to do if you do not take a tour. We went to Pisa and Florence with Aldo tours and Salvatore drove up to be our guide again. He was awesome.
Toulon, France Not much to see in town. Others went in tours and there were mixed reviews.
Barcelona, Spain Stay a couple of days to see Barcelona. The hop on hop off bus was great. You do not need an expensive tour.

Loved food at Raffles, less wait and good variety.