Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

First cruise

Sail Date: May 06, 2014

Cabin: GTY

The staff was great:  the food was not.  I could not drink the coffee, there was no seafood, and the food

varied a great deal, with desserts being the best.  I did not like being subjected to buying "opportunities" both on board and in Turkey.  I would have liked more time in the ports and less on the ship.  The tours we took were mostly too long for one day and should have been broken up with some free time to shop or explore.  I did not get much interaction with locals other than the guides.  The internet was expensive, phone service not there much of the time, and very little TV, including news or stock reports, so I felt very cut off.  This was my first cruise, and I can not compare, but I have heard other cuise lines have seafood. I even paid one night for the specialty restaurant, and did not like the entree.

Outside pool only
NO seafood. Bad coffee.
Too cold for the outside pool, hot tubs were crowded. Music not so good.
Good destinations but too short a time. Excursions were too tiring.
Venice, Italy
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Lots of beggars
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Beautiful. Rug sales pitch.....
Istanbul, Turkey
Nice. Lots of people mobbing us to sell whatever, though.
Mykonos, Greece
Loved it for a half day...
Naples, Italy
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Great ruins
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Too long a day!!! Did not get inside anywhere to see art.
Toulon, France
Loved it, but it was short.
Barcelona, Spain
On my own, and I saw mostly Gaudi.

The buffet is very crowded.