A Special Time for the Whole Family

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 14, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
I would have to say that we had a wonderful experience on the boat. Both kids, one 9 and one 14 really loved the kids club and the teen club. My husband and I loved hanging out by the pool and enjoying romantic dinners with just the two of us!

The kids loved Raffles and the Blue Lagoon Snack Bar. My husband and I ate at Le Bistro and it was fabulous. The Garden Room and Windows were okay but not great.

We were suprised that adults couldn't go into the areas the kids and teens were, but once it was explained that they can't do a background check on every parent or guardian it really made me feel secure about where my children were hanging out.

We were astounded by how the staff remember our names after the first day! My daughter, the 9 year old really loved Jack Lopes at the pool bar because he always had a rootbeer ready for "Miss Gabby".

We booked an inside cabin and it was fine because we were never in the room, but next time we will pay the extra for a balcony because having light and fresh air would be nice.
LOVED IT! We took the advice of a fellow passenger and walked over the main street at the port and found taxis at the bottom of the escalator where we caught a cab to "Playa Mia" and enjoyed a day of sun and fun. The cab was 16 each way for all 4 of us an because "Playa Mia" is private it was 52.00 for adults but included drink and food buffett and our children were 16.00 each and we just purchased their food seperately for about 8.00.
We had booked the "Swim with the Dolphins" excursion through Orbitz and loved it! There were storms on this day so we were happy that we had this excursion.
Even though Belize City was our port, we found it to be VERY commercial and not that great. However we just booked our tour with one of the vendors on the street and loved the island that we were taken to. The snorkeling was average but we enjoyed it.
Again we booked our excursion through Orbitz (highly reccommend) and we loved the ZipLine and Beach Break. Roatan is beautiful and we enjoyed our time there!
Don't Miss: Ziplining

Pros: Having everything right on the boat for all of us! Kids, 9 and 14 and us as parents!

Cons: Having seperate swimming pools. The food in the "dining rooms".

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!