Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

I'd rather be home cruise

Sail Date: December 10, 2006

Less then impressive decor availablitliy with out cost of the activities on the Norwegian Spirit. The stepchild treatment to us since it was our first cruise on the NCL fleet. The expectancy of shelling out over 200 dollars for customer service per person was a big reason for lack of service from the staff, although we could give more if we wanted, we really wanted to ask for a credit rather then give gratuities since the service and ship were less then average. The inavailability to use the pool area since there was so called rough seas? Lack of respect for Americans voiced by staff members to myself on this cruise.

Pros: Loved the cabin steward

Cons: The ignorance and less then there customer service/satisfaction recieved by ship crewmembers

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

decent size, Stateroom attendant was unbelievably curteous and more then concerned for our comfort then the reception desk.
I contracted some sort of virus and was treated free of charge yet no apologies or reimbursement for my illness by the cruise liner, after a mandatory confinement to my state room for 24 hours.
Specialty restraunts were available although the food served there was directly taken from the buffet ? or was colded on delivery.
Low excitment, the entertainers were somewhat good yet i would not recommend the schedule unless you were sleeping in and staying up late drinking alcohol to be entertained.
activities were geared more to the elderly passangers, facilities were old with tears in the carpets, water staines out side of stateroom and elevators. Ship was in need of a major overhaul. Safety was so-so with signs on doors when there were no winds saying strong winds and no signs when there were major winds. Staff was less then trained for the ship but rather just thier area, when asked where to find specialty restraunts I was told my 2 staff members " I don't work there, I don't know" Staff would walk into you rather then step to the side for you to pass, not too many smiling faces until the last night of the cruise.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
must see the beaches on this island, don't take the tour unless you are a big history buff, although very interesting very time consuming and the beaches are far from the port.
Don't Miss: The beach
St. George's, Grenada
defintley the back streets of Grenada was the Must see, Locals were unbelievably friendly even if you were not buying..........most friendly island.
Don't Miss: unsre but i would have to say local interaction
Bridgetown, Barbados
Must see Paynes beach threw the Blue monkey alley.....Had an excellent time on the beach with every attraction offered right there for a great price. Swimming with the Sea turtles was the best. Blue Monkey resraunt was outstanding and I am looking to visit via a booking at the Corral Cove Inn.
Don't Miss: Jet skiing on Paynes Beach
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went to Magheans Bay, wasn't impressed with the non-existant beach. The area had only one souvenier shop, and the staff there was less then inviting. The duty free shops were inviting although you were attacked by the taxi drivers for thier services that were supposedly goverment regulated, but were able to haggle for price.
Don't Miss: the fact you could ferry to ST. Johns
St. John's, Antigua
The rainforres was a must see, the local shops were a waist of time, offering cheap merchandise for too exorberant a price.
Don't Miss: the Rainforrest
Roseau, Dominica
Must see the Rain Forrest........and sulfer hot springs....waist of time was trying to stay dry on this tour.
Don't Miss: touring the sulfer springs