Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Great Time!

Sail Date: October 08, 2006

Room Type: Suite

Boarding was well organized and fairly quick. First impressions were very good. The ship was clean, well-maintained at all times. THe staff was very friendly, helpful and afficient. They seemed to set very high standards across the board and for my own experience they maintained them at all times. I had no bad experiences with any NCL staff.

Pros: The crew onboard were so well organized it was possible to truly relax and just enjoy.

Cons: Some of the bands were not very good - live music quality was a little lacking.

Freestyle cruising was great when it came to dining. We could keep our own schedule. THere was a surprising variety on the menus and while some of the mexican dishes were a little lacking in flavor I have no complaints. All the food was very good and the presentation was excellant.
On occassion one or two of the public restrooms had an odor but always were clean, never out of supplies (toilet paper, soap etc.) and generally the next day I would notice the odor was gone. Since it was my first and only cruise perhaps that is somewhat normal with that type of system.
There was a nice variety of activities to choose from. My only complaint was that the live music just wasn't that great. Each band had a type of music they were good at but really couldn't pull off other styles and so sometimes it was a bit tough listening to them. However there was one guy who did an evening of Frank Sinatra and he did that fantastically.
The suite was wonderful. We were very comfortable and had everything we needed. We enjoyed stateroom 10002 particularly for the bonus of a second balcony so we could get nice views coming into and going out of ports.
As I said above - the NCL staff were exceptional. High standards well met. Literally not once did I run into that person 'having a bad day'. THey all were very professional, well-trained, helpful and organized.
Our room steward and stewardess even let us accumulate towel animals when we communicated how much we liked them (silly as that sounds).
Bridgetown, Barbados
I enjoyed Barbados being more commercialized. For me I like more of the comforts of major hotels etc. while still being able to be away from it all. I got that mix in Barbados. I would go back and make a longer stay.
St. John's, Antigua
Did a historical tour - not bad but only so so.
St. George's, Grenada
Took a beautiful drive around the island - really lovely.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Lovely beaches and wonderful mountainous drives - just not enough time to really see it. Another place very charming and to go back for a longer stay.
Roseau, Dominica
I didn't get to do a lot here - just stayed around the port - this was the worst stop - I believe it would have been beautiful to see more but did not - the draw back here was some of the local people pushing their own tours were a little bit too pushy and that was offensive.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Took an excursion over to St Johns and did not really get to see St Thomas.