Never again in the summertime

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 17, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Although I love Alaska and enjoyed our excursions very much, I will never cruise in the summertime again.  There were so many kids, you couldn't get into the swimming pool or even enjoy laying in the sun.  Forget it.  I also didn't appreciate being forced to pay top dollar for the little drinks.  I didn't drink much but had a $400 room bill after the $13.50 per day they tacked on that we weren't made aware of before the trip for tips to service people.  Yet they tacked on tips for every drink you ordered.  You could buy a bottle of liquor in the duty free store but you couldn't have it until the end of the trip.  Why bother?  They say it's for security reasons.  Right!  It's to gorge you money wise.  I'm not even certain I'll take another cruise again based on all the surprises.  It was so crowded, and with my friend who has MD, we often got ran over by people, and of course, the kids.  The staff was extremely courteous which was a plus on the trip.  But there was not much more to enjoy, except for the specialty dinners.  They were very good.

Cabin was clean and we enjoyed the animals created by our attendant with towels.

Get the drink package or you'll pay highly for them.