Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Excellent experience

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

Really enjoyed my time on the cruise.  Just some areas in my opinion that needs improvement:

1.  Happy hour times were a bit confusing... I was not able to find which bar had the specials on which days.  Also, it was unclear if the happy hour specials were during time of departure or from 4pm-6pm.  When I asked at the bar, they said that it was from 4pm - 6pm eventhough we left Ketchikan around 1pm.  Another day, I asked at 4pm and they said that 4pm-6pm is only for days at sea.

2. Restaurant entrees were only mediocre.  The options were nice but very few choices were great quality food.  Lasagna for example seemed dry and old.  Burger also seemed old.

In my opinion, things that I loved that would make me ride NCL again:

1. Freestyle dining - not having to worry about making your dinner time is a major plus

2. Entertainment - all the shows and game shows were a lot of fun.  It was also a good blend of adult shows as well as family shows.

3. Garden Cafe - The Garden cafe offered more variety and better quality food than the Summer Palace or Indigo.  The Indian food, especially, was outstanding.

Thanks for a great crusing experience!

Indian food in the buffet hall was excellent. Garden cafe options were also nice. Many of the restaurant entree choices were not that great.

The Indian food on the ship was excellent. Norwegian should consider having a Dosa station (similar to the crepe or omlete station) in the Garden Cafe.