Alaska Cruise

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 28, 2015
Cabin Type: Suite

A good trip with beautiful scenery.  We had great weather and good excursions.  See my comments about the Tracy Arm Fiord trip; it was fantastic.  And the day in Glacier Bay was a highlight; spent lots of time and saw the glaciers in all their glory.

Pretty limited variety and just mediocre for the most part. Seems like they are trying to push business to the specialty restaurants with lower quality food in the standard ones than I recall from previous trips.

Had a couple of good shows. Needed more night time comedy type things for adults

No children/ no comment

The bathroom had a bathtub which was too small for any adult to actually get in and it made getting in and out of the shower more difficult than it should be. A walk in shower would be much better. The mattress had large depressions in it; needed to be replaced. The TV was very small, difficult to see from other than right in front of it and limited programming. I'm not on the ship to watch TV, but still too limited; behind other cruise lines for sure in this regard. And the balcony needed to be painted. Otherwise a comfortable and nicely sized cabin. Great room steward.

One really good meal; lamb chops. Otherwise food was boring and extremely unexceptional. Plenty of it but ................

The Tracy Arm Fiord excursion was exceptional. The best excursion of the trip. Beautiful views of ice bergs, glaciers and wild life.
For me the Buchart Gardens are overrated. Maybe it was the time of year but I was underwhelmed. Way too crowded. Spending the time in downtown Victoria, which was quite beautiful, would be a more enjoyable evening I think.