Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaskan Cruise

Sail Date: May 17, 2015

This was a once in a life time experience for me.  It has been a dream for many years.  I have never been on a cruise ship to anywhere, so I decided if I were going to cruise anywhere, it should be Alaska.  I was not disappointed in my choice.  Alaska is beyond verbal description.  Awesome does not do it justice.  It was just magnificent and even that is not a big enough description.  The cruise ship itself was OK I guess.  I don't have anything to compare it to, since this was my first cruise, but all in all it was a good experience.  My biggest complaint if there is one, is there is not enough time in each port.  I was fortunate enough to be able to do several excursions that were available at each port...however, if you went on any of the excursions, then you did not have time to do any shopping or see any of the town.  If I had a chance to do it over again, and knowing what I know now, I would probably book my own trip using another mode of transportation.  Not have to be so structured and not have to deal with such a mass of people congregated in one space.  Getting on and off the ship required standing in long lines and a lot of waiting.  But, that is to be expected on cruises, as I understand it.

Ship was nice, but the did not communicate very well with the masses. If they made an announcement and you were in your stateroom, you could not hear it. So I am sure we missed a great deal.
Food was OK but long lines in the buffetts and sometime had to wait on seating in the other resturants.
The balcony stateroom was bigger and nicer than I expected
staff was very friendly and helpful
Some good and some not so good
did not participate in very many
Alaska was amazing and the Helicopter ride to the glacier beyound words. Also the Seaplane excursion to Misty Fieore was just breath taking.
Juneau, Alaska
Went whale watching and did not have much time to see the town.
Skagway, Alaska
Excursion to the glacier that morning and White Pass rail excursion...both were amazing.
Cruise Glacier Bay
No word to describe
Ketchikan, Alaska
Don't miss the seaplane excursion up into the mountains. Unbelivable.
Victoria, British Columbia
Visited the Gardens and that is all there was time for.

Be prepared to stand in lines and dealing with lots of people. I am sure they have been doing this for a long time and are doing the best they can, but do I think there is room for improvement???? Definitely.