Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Beautiful Alaska

Sail Date: August 31, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The Alaskan sights were beautiful and I am glad I had a chance to see it.  The cruise ship on the other hand was something else.  We had a great concierge who met all of our needs.  I had an aft penthouse suite that was too far from everything but I booked it for the first time to try to get a better view during cruising.  I became sick due to my neighbors smoking on the balcony and two days before embarkation I became sick from second hand smoke.  Needless to say, I also could not used my balcony.  The other concern I had was with the staff and no one would assist us with using our coffee maker until the second to the last day of the cruise. We asked every day and no one would help.  The other problem was I noticed that in the Garden Café, you had to beg the staff ( in aft area near outdoor bar)  to clean a table because nothing else was available and they would pick up the items and NOT wipe the table.  This was very disappointing while I could see senior staff standing around just chatting with each other while customers walked around the area looking for a table to sit down and eat at during meals.  It appears that staff was busy pushing beer sales and nothing else.  The other dining experiences on the ship were quite better that the garden café.  The entertainment was nice and usually cabin staff in the hallways were always nice and pleasant.  We had another staff assigned to us who never told us his name or provided a card to contact for help.  Only one phone worked in the cabin and we did not ask for help since no one assisted with the coffee maker and we asked everyday.  For these few reasons, I will rate this cruise three stars and that a longshot.

Children's Programs N/A
Too far from everything and size expectation was disappointing compare to grand suite on RCI.

Stay away from the Garden Café due to problems finding a seat.