Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

enjoyed the trip, don't know if it was worth $17k

Sail Date: August 18, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

Everyone told us we had to go on an Alaska cruise because it would be amazing. Wanted to see icebergs and glaciers but they icebergs were all melted but did see some breath taking glaciers. Don't think I would do this cruise again. One time is enough to say I have done it. We booked 2 mini suite balcony cabins for our family and flew from East coast so the vacation was very costly. The Norwegian Pearl crew is always amazing and the service was great but the food was very mediocre and we couldn't find any tables to sit during meals at the buffet- didn't like the food in the main sit down dining restaurants. My husband doesn't want to do a cruise again. He said for the money we spent we could have rented a nice Villa for a week anywhere. Spent a lot of money on excursions at every port. Don't mind spending money if it's worth it but I must say I am mixed about it. The whale watching excursion was disappointing- we saw only one tail and few humps. Not worth the $1k that we paid for our group. All in all, it was a trip worthwhile to do once but that's about it.