Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Adult sons and mom go to Alaska

Sail Date: June 23, 2013

I gave the cruise 4 stars. Very satisfied but now perfect
I love the NCL spa across the front of the ship. I purchase the unlimited thermal spa package and use the facilities every day. This is the best place to view the glaciers. Panamoric views and everyone else is outside standing in the cold trying to get up to the rail to take pictures.

My next favorite is the freestyle dining. Not being locked into a set dining time and table makes the cruise more personal. The quality of the food has slipped in the main dining rooms and the buffet. It's still good but no expensive cuts of meat and no fresh seafood. The 16 specialty restaurants offer the premium selections and the service was always elegant. It does offer the budget minded cruiser an option, some have a cover charge($30-$15) and are no charge. You can decide where and how to splurge.

My next favorite is the ports. Each port offers a unique look at Alaskan history. They are commercial but keep the flavor of the Alaska frontier.
I defiantly would recommend NCL. The Alaska cruise is my favorite. I have done it 4 times. It is not hot weather but the scenery, wildlife and ports are fabulous.
The staff was fabulous. They all genuinely seemed happy to be there. Everyone was gracious and interested in talking to us
Seattle, Washington
Spend some time in Seattle it is a beautiful city. Rent a car and drive ti Mt. Rainier.
Juneau, Alaska
Go whale watching and the Mendenhall Glacier.
Skagway, Alaska
We rented a car and drove to Carcross in the Yukon territory. It,s a good highway and offers amazing views alone the river valley. The highway follows the rail line . Unless you are a train buff I would skip the railroad.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Hired a local driver to give us a tour of the points of interest. Cost $140 for 2 1/2 hours for 3 adults
Victoria, British Columbia Walk around the city. Finished up at the Empress hotel for a night cap and listen to the live music.

Purchase the unlimited spa package and take advantage of the speciality restaurants.