Beautiful Ship

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Norwegian Joy

7 Night Alaska With Inside Passage (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 11, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Joy

Review Summary

The cruise was a blast! One of the mornings I was having coffee in my room, looking out the balcony slider and I saw a whale tail!!! It was amazing! Went out onto the balcony and there were about 6 whales! So I would highly recommend a cabin with a balcony, if you're going to splurge, do it on getting the balcony! I traveled with a Cpap and they had distilled water for me and I was able to request an extension cord, however, I would bring your own cord that way you don't have to worry about returning it to guest services on that last morning. I recommend purchasing the drink, fine dinning and internet packages before you cruise. What would I do differently next time? Pack about half or even less, of the clothes that I brought on this trip. There was a mini fridge in the room but filled with items for purchase so no room for leftovers, there was a coffee machine and a hair dryer, not sure if that is standard in every room. Make your reservations for the shows as soon as you get on board, they fill up fast. Enjoy!!

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

Ports Of Call

Ketchikan, Alaska

Juneau, Alaska

SCENIC GLACIER CRUISING

Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska

Icy Strait Point seems great for the adventurous excursions but if you want to tour the town, at this point you're better off staying on the ship. There is not much to see there.

Victoria, British Columbia

The Hop On Hop Off tour is a great way to go! You get to see quite a bit on this tour. Victoria has great shopping, restaurants and pubs, this tour allows you the time to explore Victoria on foot. The Q bar in the Fairmont Empress is a great place to go. Try the gin and tonic with their very own special Empress 1908 Gin, also their popcorn is delicious!

Disembarkation

Getting off the ship was quick and easy, the delay was with the lines for customs, they were not very well organized.