Enjoyable Trip

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 23, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

This was my first cruise on Norwegian Cruise Lines.  It was a good trip, relaxing and enjoyable.  We were on the Jewel which is one of the smaller ships.  My husband really liked not having to get too dressed for dinner.  I made reservations for dinner before the cruise, so we did not have any issues getting a table.

Most of the food I would say is adequate, nothing really exceptional. The Brazilian Steak House was very good.

I would say that the service and staff were exceptional. They were friendly and helpful. Only negative was that whenever you passed by one of what I would call "management" (those walking around in the white uniforms), not once did I see them smile or acknowledge that I had said hello.

Suzzanne was our cabin stewart and she was awesome. Ready to help on any questions we had. She kept our room clean and we really appreciated her.

We found it better to have breakfast on the Aft deck, level 12. Although it did not have the large variety as the Garden Café did, it still had a good selection and wonderful wait staff.
The Moderno (Brazilian Steak House) was excellent. It is a specialty restaurant but well worth the expense.

If here for a day or so, see the Iowa Battleship and walk down at the Port o' Call. An excellent Italian Restaurant is Raffaello Ristorante on Pacific Ave.