Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Enjoyable Trip

Sail Date: October 23, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

This was my first cruise on Norwegian Cruise Lines.  It was a good trip, relaxing and enjoyable.  We were on the Jewel which is one of the smaller ships.  My husband really liked not having to get too dressed for dinner.  I made reservations for dinner before the cruise, so we did not have any issues getting a table.

Suzzanne was our cabin stewart and she was awesome. Ready to help on any questions we had. She kept our room clean and we really appreciated her.
This should actually be a smile for embarkation and a HUGE FROWN for disembarkation in Los Angeles.

Had no problems boarding the ship at any port. Also had no problems getting off the ship at any of the ports except in LA. That was a disaster. Not sure if it was the ship or the LA port.
We enjoyed our time in all three ports. We did not take an excursion offered by the ship, but instead hired a taxi to show us the sights.
Not only was it cheaper, but we saw what we wanted to see and not things that we were not as interested in.
I would say that the service and staff were exceptional. They were friendly and helpful. Only negative was that whenever you passed by one of what I would call "management" (those walking around in the white uniforms), not once did I see them smile or acknowledge that I had said hello.
Most of the food I would say is adequate, nothing really exceptional. The Brazilian Steak House was very good.
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
If here for a day or so, see the Iowa Battleship and walk down at the Port o' Call. An excellent Italian Restaurant is Raffaello Ristorante on Pacific Ave.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

We found it better to have breakfast on the Aft deck, level 12. Although it did not have the large variety as the Garden Café did, it still had a good selection and wonderful wait staff.
The Moderno (Brazilian Steak House) was excellent. It is a specialty restaurant but well worth the expense.