say no to soda packages

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 23, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

My wife and I went on this cruise to enjoy the water of the Mexican Rivera and we did just that. We enjoyed all of the ports and the activities on board the ship. The only issue I have with the trip is a small one but it put a damper on the trip. I do not drink alcohol and as such, I decided to buy the soda package. That turned out to be a big mistake. After the first time a server finds I am only on the soda package, I was avoided like the plague by that server. The only way I could get a refill is to go to the bartender and then I had to wait an unusual amount of time. The sad thing is that this happened in EVERY venue. I do not tip each time I get a drink, but at the end of the cruise to those who take good care of me. On the Jewel, the servers chose not to take care of me for a nice tip. Myu advice is not to buy the soda package and drink water if you want better service on the Jewel.

This was the smallest cabin I have had. I was not as happy as I was on other cruises. Otherwise all was good.