A "Jewel" doesnt mean its a Diamond!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate
Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 23, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

I knew ahead of time that "The Jewel" had been renovated and was looking totally forward to it.  I definately wasted My $$$ by booking a "Balcony Suite". Well let Me explain...the remodeling in Our Cabin was as odd as anything I could have ever imagined.  The 3rd sleep space is a bed that drops from the ceiling okay thats fine but, it drops down in front of the balcony!  Go figure.  So in the evenings when We came in for the night the Steward had let all the beds down and with the drop down blocking the balcony I couldnt sit outside and have My Tea before retiring for the evening.  Then, in the mornings I enjoy early rise, coffee, and the Sunrise.  In order for Her to sleep after 6:00am I just sat on the side of the bed with no "beautiful" view.  In order to enjoy Youre balcony since the remodel You would have to stay in the cabin during the day!  Makes No Sense To Me.

two hours in the Main Dining Rooms is entirely too long to spend on dinner when there are so Many other things available to do.

Positioning of upper bunk is ridiculous. Why pay more for a Balcony Cabin when You have a bed blocking the access to the doors to the balcony. Such a waste. I definately do not recommend paying the upcharge for a blocked view/access.