Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

We had a blast!!!!!

Sail Date: September 10, 2016

Reviewed: 19 days ago

We have taken a similar cruise with Norwegian before, so we had prior experience, but we loved this cruise. The food was a lot better than on the Jewel. The staff was excellent and very helpful for any need. This was our first time cruising with our kids, and I highly recommend Norwegian for the kids because of "Splash Academy!" The youth staff is very experienced and fun. My daughters sincerely miss those staff members!

My only complaint with this cruise was the room accommodations. We had a large group that went, 8 people, who stayed in 2 inside family staterooms. It was way too full. There were 2 twin beds that we pushed together for the adults. Then there was a pull out twin and a drop down bunk-bed twin bed. These room say they are for up to 4 people, but I disagree. It was so full that we could not walk beside the beds. We only got on from the foot of the bed. Only 2 people had room to stand up in the room at a time. It was way too small for 4, even with 2 adults and 2 kids!

Overall, we had a very good time. I would recommend this cruise to anyone!

This cabin is a "get what you pay for kind." If you want to go as inexpensive as possible, then this is it. However, going to Alaska, you should really get a room with a window at least. This cabin was extremely small. Our cabin was kept immaculate by the staff, and he made the cutest towel creations I've seen.
They are very efficient at this. We were on within 45 minutes. We were off and in the taxi within 30 minutes.
Mainly gambling. If that's your fun, then this cruise is perfect.
This was one of the best features of the cruise!
Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
I highly recommend the Eagle watch/lighthouse tour. We saw a lot of eagles and a whale really close.
Cruise Sawyer Glacier
Juneau, Alaska
My very favorite thing to visit so far in Alaska is the Mendenhall Glacier. It is breath-taking! We also went to the salmon-bake, which was by far the best food we had on the whole trip! Totally worth the money!
Skagway, Alaska
If you go to Skagway, you need to ride the White Pass Railway. It is the most beautiful, relaxing, informative ride you will ever take!
Victoria, British Columbia