Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska Sawyer Glacier 7 day c ruise

Sail Date: September 03, 2016

Yes, I would highly recommend this cruise to others.  It is my first cruise but I am very impressed on the quality, size of ship, and overall experience.  The staff is very professional, courteous, friendly and helpful.  I do not use salt in my food as we get plenty naturally in the foods.  I only use seasonings, herbs and spices.  I know that I am the extreme but your food is way too salty.  There should be a happy medium and use far less salt and let people add salt if they need to do so.  I had a lot of fluid retention which was a direct result from the sodium in the foods served.  The sodium actually masks the flavor of the foods.  Great variety with food selection.  My other complaint is lukewarm coffee.  Coffee should always be hot.  overall, it was a great experience and I think NCL does a great job.

Cabin / Stateroom Cabin was fine. Loved the picture window and our attendant was great! Extremely polite and professional! Loved the animal towels.
Children's Programs N?A
Good variety
Staff could not have been nicer!
Food and Dining Please see my comment above pertaining to the food.
Seattle, Washington
Do not expect the sun to shine but if it does it is a homerun. It is a beautiful city and would love to come back and visit.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Weather was partial rain. Good for shopping
Juneau, Alaska
Weather was awful, raining, damp and chilly. No one can predict the weather. Glacier was beautiful and the gardens were also very nice.
Skagway, Alaska
On this day we were happy because it cleared for our train ride. We had beautiful views of the mountains and also from the Spinnaker Lounge as we were leaving Skagway and the sunlight reflected on the tops of the mountains.
Victoria, British Columbia
Beautiful sunny day. Very pretty but you definitely need to take a tour of the city to enjoy it.

Really plan your dinner if you have the specialty package around when you expect to get back from your excursion and around the ship nightly shows. We missed 2 due to our dinner reservations.

1 Comment