Jewel of Alaskan Cruise, I think not.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 06, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

The Jewel looked like an old ship.  The balcony rooms were tight in comparison to other cruise ships.  Some of the furniture was frayed on the couch and bed skirt. Food was only mediocre, even in the specialty restaurants. Staff was very good and the process of boarding and unboardingthe ship was the best I have encountered.  Cancelling the port of Skagway really disappointed our whole family. Entertainemnt was disappointing except for the acrobats an the Le Cirque finale at the end of the cruise.

I think a ship should be in good mechanical shape before heading out to sea.   I have discussed these issues with some other friends who also said they're done travelling Norwegian cruise lines.

Included in my review.

Explore other ships. This one was disappointing!