Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Pretty Good Cruise. Poor Service

Sail Date: March 27, 2016

I fly home from Italy to go on a cruise with my family.  Somehow b/w customs at the airport and the cruise terminal I lost my passport.  My wife and kids all had their passports.  My wife had a picture of my passport (with a number that was issued on almost the exact same day and with almost the same number as theirs b/c we all got our passports at the same time).  The cruise ship said I could not embark.  The told me I could get an emergency passport the next day and then meet the ship in Cabo San Luca.  My wife and kids left on the cruise.  The folks at the terminal were correct, I was able to get an emergency passport in a day and then fly to Cabo to meet the ship.

Now that I have returned, I have been trying to submit a claim under my travel insurance b/c lost passport falls under the claim.  on the 20th of April I emailed Guestrelations@ncl.com (guestrelations@ncl.com) the following message:

BEQIN QUOTE

...

Norwegian Cruise Line Guest Relations,

Good afternoon.  I am attempting to file a claim with my travel insurance company based upon expenses resulting from when my passport was stolen or lost around March 27, 2016.  One of the required submissions is a letter or report from the cruise line verifying my trip delay.

On March 27th, my wife, 2 kids and I were scheduled depart on the Norwegian Jewel out of Los Angeles.  Previously, on March 25th I flew back from Naples, Italy to go on the cruise with my family during my kids’ spring break.  I had my passport all the way through customs at LAX.

When I arrived to the airport on March 27th, I did not have my passport.  The cruise line representative and terminal employees informed me that I could get an emergency passport in Los Angeles and then meet the cruise ship on March 29th at its port call in Cabo San Luca.  My wife and kids then departed on the cruise ship on 27th.

On the 28th of March, I was able to get a new passport form the U.S. Federal Passport Agency in LA.  On the 29th I flew to Cabo and was able to embark the Norwegian Jewel for the remaining 5 days of the cruise.

On April 19th, a guest relations representative informed me I should write to this email address in order to obtain the required letter or report detailing trip delay.  Please provide me with this required documentation.

Thank you very much.

John Bartlett

END QUOTE

It is over 2 months later and I still have not received a response to my email let alone a statement indicating that I lost 2 days of the cruise b/c I lost my passport.  I just need a simple statement so I can submit a claim for the insurance for which I paid.  When I try to call the customer service number for Norwegian, I'm left on hold for an hour and eventually the phone call disconnects.  This is awful.

Cabin / Stateroom Loved the cabin. Thought it was great. The view was not nearly as obstructed as we expected. It was clean and we loved the towels folded like animals (especially the kids). My wife did not like the design of the shower b/c water dripped off the curtain on the far side of the drain.

It would be good if your customer relations were a little more responsive.