Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaskan Family Cruise

Sail Date: May 21, 2016

This was my first NCL Cruise and perhaps my last.  I have another cruise paid for already for next spring, but I may cancel after this disappointment.

We arrived at 12noon.  However, the toilet is too tall (my feet weren't flat on the floor).  It was very close to some disembarkations and we could hear the anchor dropping and other noises.

The Stateroom attendant Errol Davis, from St. Vincent was GREAT!!!!

I traveled with my 2 sons ages 8 and 11, and my best friend.   Upon registration for Splash Academy, I was advised that my youngest sons card had my picture on it instead of his.  Therefore, he couldn't be registered.  I went down to the customer service desk and assumed it was taken care of.  Only to find out at Splash Academy, it was NOT.  Now the card has BOTH of our pictures on it.  We go back again to Splash and the front desk, this time it has his picture and my birthday.  So finally, the manage Rose, from South Africa, offered to go with us to the front desk.  By this time it's 4pm.  So after waiting in line for almost an hour, we got it taken care of.   Zorro, from South Africa, in Splash Academy suggested we could call him to get my son registered, so we don't have to return and his bracelet will be ready upon his return.  At 6pm, I received a letter on my bed....that I needed to return to the front desk because my youngest son and my customs information was incorrect....YA THINK?  I went down there again and asked what they needed.  They said "Just bring everything, so we can make a copy". I spent 6 hours and 6 times at the customer service desk.

Felipe, from Chile, was an awesome bartender.

Petar, from Serbia, was the BEST food attendant.

Tomato, at Splash Academy, always made us smile!!!!  Big Smile

Steven from the U.S.A., the hotel manager, did listen to my concerns, apologized and sent a bottle of wine to the room.

A laundry facility, would be nice.  With a family, it would be nice to do our own laundry and not pay $20 for a bag.

NCL, you may need to "Washi Washi" of the employees at the Pier 66 check in, if they can't get our information correct!   Also, the young lady told me 4576 was not my room number.  I booked the cruise last year and have always had this room number.   She advised me to go to the front desk, once I got onboard the ship.   Her co-worker came over and said "I'm sorry ma'am, your room is 4576".

The Stateroom attendant Errol Davis, from St. Vincent was GREAT!!!!

Cabin was nice. However, the toilet is too tall (my feet weren't flat on the floor). It was very close to some disembarkations and we could hear the anchor dropping and other noises.

Water too hot in faucet.
Toilet paper in common areas tore very easily.
Cancel Victoria
Needed more to do on sea days, since it was too cold to be at the pool
Staff is great, but needs a little more entertainment for the kids
Freestyle dining was very nice
Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Dolphin Jet Tour for Whale watching
Cruise Sawyer Glacier
Tell us when approximately when near it, so we're not outside freezing until we get there.
Skagway, Alaska
White Pass and Yukon Railroad
Victoria, British Columbia
Boring!!! Please replace with another port, perhaps Vancouver

Garden café always full, go early or eat in La Curina