Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

OK cruise marred by room theft

Sail Date: September 12, 2015

Room Type: Suite

I waited until Norwegian completed as much resolution as they were willing to before posting. We had previously cruised Norwegian in Europe; excellent cruise on the sister ship. I'm still simply frustrated with this experience. It's easier to just say the pros/cons:

Pros:

was great. Alexis is super helpful and responsive. Would highly recommend their services!

Seeing the Alaskan glaciers by water is spectacular. And they may not be there forever.

The butler/concierge services with our owner suite were excellent. Very enjoyable support by our staff team while on board.

Cons:

The port schedule for this trip is not ideal. Limited time in port, at odd hours. We ended up being in sync with two other cruise ships so every port was packed.

Worst port timing was Victoria. Somehow we ended up losing three hours in transit and arrived at 5pm. Two hours of daylight to enjoy one of the best cities. We had dinner, walked the waterfront, and came back to a dry ship. Disappointing, especially after we did not return via the Inside Passage and effectively had an extra sea day to get there at all.

Most frustrating was the lose of my Bose headphones. I kept them in a drawer in our cabin for use early in the mornings. Forgot them in my packing, but knew exactly where they were. After reporting to Norwegian and waiting two weeks for a response, I had to call them to find out "Nope, nothing found. We hope you cruise with us again." If I had left them somewhere on the ship, I'd have understood. But they were clearly not. No indication of what they did (check over the room, ask any subsequent guests), and no help from anyone with a report or something to help me process a claim. Instead, lots of "We're sorry you lost something. But cruise with us again because of how great we are!" Frankly, I'm just plain disappointed. After a flush week of jewelry shopping through Norwegian's preferred dealers, I'm guessing our commissions were significantly more than what I lost. Soured me to Norwegian as a company, and made the lackluster cruise experience that much worse.