Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

NCL Jewel 16 day Panama Canal

Sail Date: September 27, 2013

For the money this was a good cruise. As compared to other cruise lines I have traveled (Carnival) (Royal Carribean) is was not as good. The food in the main dining rooms got boring very quickly. Menus items that I have become accoustomed to getting on a regular basis... ie:shrimp cocktail, chilled soups, gourmet desserts etc, were only available in the specialty dining rooms for an additional charge. The right side of the menu stayed the same for the entire 16 days, and the left side of the menu was on about a six day rotation. Also with Freestyle dining I didn't get the personalized attention from the wait staff that I have come to expect. The entertainment was very good. The activities were good, but not very diverse. The cabins were smaller than other cruise lines, and we were not given any personal ammenities, only the furnished shampoo and body wash in the shower dispensers. The comfort of the common seating areas was lacking, and the buffet only had seating on the starboard side. It wasn't a bad experience, just not as good as some other cruises I have taken.

Head up to the lounge on the upper deck forward for the best views and most comfortable seating. Pay close attention to the hours service for the food. It was not always available at the same places at the same times. Some days the snack area would be open and other days it wasn't.