Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Pretty Good Cruise/NCL/Carribean

Sail Date: February 01, 2008

I only had two major issues with the cruise. Don't lose your pool towel that they give you or you are charged $25.00 (A towel does not cost $25.00!!) if someone takes it on you. And I spilled wine on my photo I purchased for $15.00 and they would only replace it for another $15.00. Really, how much does it cost to print a photo. I spent over $5,000.00 for this cruise and they pretty much nickel and dime you on everything. Oh and gratuity is NOT optional. It is included on EVERY bill. I'm all for tipping but is that really needed. They also don't warn you of the $10.00 a day per person "Service Charge" (Which is gratuity for servers and housekeeping) on your credit card unitil the end of the trip. I feel I should be allowed to select the amount. For the amount of money I spent, they could have been more accomidating in regards to the two above issues.

Pros: Mama Mias Restaurant/The size of the State Rooms!/Pool!/Freestyle Dining

Cons: The Island of Samana

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

See opening comment
Very Clean, Excellent Layout
Freestyle is the only way to go!!! If you go on the Jewel, Eat at MAMA MIAS EVERYNIGHT OR CAGNEYS!! But you have to call at 7 a.m. every morning to get reservations....If you call any later than 7 forget it. Oh and they book two days in advance. Kind of frustrating, but MAMA MIAS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show was very large for a cruise ship and the state room was great. Wish the bed was higher (to put luggage underneathe) and a few more draws but overall great.
Jean Ann Ryan company was great! Though, if I hear "ITS BINGO TIIIIMMMMEE" one more time I'm going to scream!
My niece LOVED it! They had parades, face painting, pizza parties, you name it. She would freak if she was late and INSISTED on going to the Childrens program EVERY day!!! Definately RECOMMEND!!!!!!
St. John's, Antigua
Driving your own boats was great, a lot of fun!
Bridgetown, Barbados
The submarine was so interesting!
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The DOLPHIN Exursion was soooo much fun!
Don't Miss: Swimming with the Dolphins! A MUST!
Bridgetown, Barbados
The submarine was so interesting!
Castries, St. Lucia
The St. Lucia beach break was great but wish it was more than 4 hours, wish they would have let us stay 6-8 hours. A great way to end your vacation and little R & R (Rum and Relaxation) hahahhaha!
Don't Miss: St. Lucia Beach Break
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The DOLPHIN Exursion was soooo much fun!
Don't Miss: Swimming with the Dolphins! A MUST!
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
The WORST island of all, I will never go back. The best part was getting back on the ship. Everyone on the excursion couldn't wait to get out of there. A waste of money and wish I could get a refund for that excursion. HATED IT!
Don't Miss: I DON'T RECOMEND THIS ISLAND AT ALL!
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
Don't Miss: I DON'T RECOMEND THIS ISLAND AT ALL!
Castries, St. Lucia
Don't Miss: St. Lucia Beach Break
St. John's, Antigua
Driving your own boats was great, a lot of fun!