Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Theft and Unknow charge on my credit card

Sail Date: April 09, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The cruise it self was nice, the food was good, but the shows was very short. Most of the shows only lasted about 30 minutes. The cruise also have a childcare center for the kids to play in that was a plus. But my problems with the cruise is that no matter where you are on the ship, the staff members are alway trying to sale you something. And all the ports that we been to are nothing but shopping malls. For example: on one block of the street there are three Diamond international stores that are recommended to you by the cruise to buy diamonds from. That's too much diamond shopping for me.

And on the last night of the cruise my wife found that she was unable to open the safe in the room after numerous tries. She asked the room staff to help, a supervisor was notified. Two hours later, a staff member came and unlock the safe. The wife and I then checked the items in the safe, and found $40 dollars in twenty bill was missing from her wallet and $60 dollars in twenty bills was missing from my wallet. We check our wallets daily to know how much we spend. And everything on the cruise ship is charge through the room key card so we don't need to carry cash on the ship. The safe open everyday without any problems, but on the last day it would not open. It's very suspicious. Then we found twenty dollar bills missing both of our wallets. Normally people would miss that because they usually carry more twenty dollar bills then another bills and if they don't know how much they have in their wallets.

It was already late at night, I told myself I need report the theft in the morning. I forgot the next day. I was too busy checking to make sure all the charges to my account was correct from the cruise's invoice. It was not, because I still have $44 dollar of room credit left on the account. I spoke with guest services, they told me that I can't use the credit on bill. That is ridiculous, because I was told that the credit can be apply to any charges on the ship. I was told no, and that I'll lose the $44 dollar credit.

On 4/18/2016, I checked the charges on my credit card, and I found the cruise line charge me an additional $100.80. I don't know what that is for since I don't have any invoice or bill for that amount. So whoever decide to cruise with Norwegian. Just be careful.

The cabin was nice, just don't place any money in the safe.
More sight seeing and less diamond shopping.
Because of theft and unknown charges on your credit cards.
Houston, Texas
An hour ride from the airport to the port and it's very expensive
You'll nee a lot of money to go shopping for diamonds.
Belize City, Belize
If you want to get off or on the ship, it take about an hour or more each way.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Do not leave the gated areas unless you are with a tour.

The Norwegian Jade, be careful of theft and unknown charges to your credit card. So have fun and buy a lot of diamonds.