Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

some good, some not so good

Sail Date: January 23, 2016

Just returned from Houston on NCL's Cozumel, Belize, Roatan itinerary. I think overall the experience was good, but nothing outstanding.  Some comments:

Good:  room service, entertainment (in particular David Nastor), workout facilities and specialty restaurants (particularly La Cuchina). My wife enjoyed the spa.

Not so good; restaurant service was inconsistent; in my view, the staff looked worn out and were not consistent in being attentive to customer needs.  Food outside the specialty restaurants was sub-par in my view.  The coffee was terrible.

Also, if the drinks were more reasonably priced, I would have bought more.  Two drinks with the mandatory 18% was a disincentive for my wife and I.  Two beers and you're almost at $20.  Wireless should be free.

This was my 3rd cruise on NCL.

Well done; Benny was our steward and was excellent.

Do the specialty restaurants; it's worth the additional amount. Eating in the regular restaurants is underwhelming. The shows were very good; would recommend.