Cabin 5500: Welcome to Steerage

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 23, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jade

Upon boarding the Jade at 1545, I had to fight my way thru racks of linens, large brown paper trash bags, chemicals, sprays, rags, cleaners, buckets , giant linen bags, large red power cords, etc. blocking the entire hallway of the bow area on the port side, deck 5. Once in my cabin, the bed had been made up with clean linens, and the head was clean. However, there were lots of crumbs, hair, dirty kleenex, etc on the floors (had not been cleaned), and there was smeared goop on desk, and all tables in cabin (of various colors and degrees of hardness). No water or ice. Porthole was FILTHY!! Blackout curtain half hanging down with no attachment to rod, etc....

Three calls to front desk and housekeeping did not solve problem over three hours time. I found my cabin steward, and told him the hallway, (now with spilled bucket of fluid, and large yellow dirty linen bag blocking door) and dirty cabin was UNACCEPTABLE!!! (ship time 1850 on 1/23/2016). I politely but firmly,said I was going up on deck and will return in one hour, please correct these issues. I returned 90 minutes later to: Spotless cabin, clear and clean hallway, fresh ice and water. He was extremely polite and kind, and must have worked furiously to make this happen...kudos to him!!! (I wrote a HERO card for him) He deserves ALL gratuity money! Not one single staff person on this ship deserves ANY of the gratuity. Your standards on this ship are pitiful compared to my last cruise on The Spirit, 12 day Med. cruise Sept. 2014..Sham on you!!

N/A...No children with me on this cruise

Steward of Cabin 5500 1/23/16 Jade from Houston, one and only AWESOME staff