Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Norwegian not for Singles

Sail Date: November 01, 2014

Although the itinerary of ports was great, there were many disappointments with this cruise.  The organization, or lack thereof, for getting people off the ship for the particular day tours was horrible.  Most people did not know what to do or where to go.  Also, the fact that there is no assigned seating for the dinning rooms is an unpleasant experience for a solo traveler, particularly the first few days until "friends" are made.  The room:  noise from a trombone practicing on a daily basis was disturbing; no lotion, no pen to write out the Room Service order; no pad of paper to jot down a note; queen bed had a crack down the middle for days until I complained; room service arrived 10 min. after the requested window, which made me late for assembly time for day tour; etc.  Back to the day tours:  most of the time there were no headsets, so only a few people were able to hear the guide.  Several times the guide did not have a proper "lolly pop" which caused people to lose sight of guide.  In Barcelona several elderly people were very distraught at being lost.  I happened to be "lost" as well and managed to get us all back to our tour guide.  I do not have pleasant thoughts when I think of Barcelona.  What a shame.  In Valencia our guide's English was so poor we gave up and tried to at least enjoy the beautiful scenery.  She should never be hired again.

I will not be traveling on Norwegian again, even if it were with another person. I will go back to the other cruise lines I have been on in years past.

service in the dinning rooms was disorganized and took a very long time.
explained above
mostly ok, with the exception of dinner service
Destinations great; some excursions (tour guides) were average to bad
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Monte Carlo, Monaco
St. Paul de Van was incredible
Toulon, France
Barcelona, Spain
walking through the streets of Barcelona was single-file and difficult, and ugly.
Valencia, Spain
The Caves at St. Joseph were great.
Cagliari, Sardinia