Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

Greece !!!

Sail Date: October 18, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I waited my whole life to visit Greece, and I loved the excursions I took.  I also loved my experience aboard the Norwegian Jade :)  I traveled alone, and met wonderful crew and guests that made my trip extra enjoyable.  There were just a couple things that I didn't realize until the end of the trip, so it didn't get my excellent rating.  I did not realize you could bring your alcohol to dinner with you until the last night of the cruise.  I had bought two bottles of wine delivered to my room, but was under the impression that I had to drink it in my room.  I would have saved a little money if I had known that I could bring it with me.  I also had a problem with the coffee pot in my room, and had issues for three days.   At that point I offered to buy a new coffeepot onshore for the room.  It was then replaced.  Other than that, my cabin steward was awesome, and I contacted Norwegian directly regarding the wonderful service. I loved having a balcony, and a mini-suite, although in the future I would probably skip the balcony and go for more room space, especially if I am traveling with another person.

some specialty restaurants were much better than others
Entertainment didn't watch a lot of the entertainment
Children's Programs didn't experience
Venice, Italy
I was glad I went to Venice for the experience, and now that I've experienced it, I probably won't go back. The transportation system is pretty awesome though.
Corfu, Greece
I didn't expect to like Corfu as much as I did. I was really impressed with the skill of the bus driver, and I'm pretty sure I would never be able to drive on the roads as well as the driver negotiated them. I really didn't care for the Kum Quat distillary, but was glad I went.
Santorini, Greece
Pretty place but too commercial and the tour was more difficult for some people than advertised. I was afraid some of the guests would not be able to climb the streets without physical problems. I also didn't like the tour guide at all.
Mykonos, Greece
Went to Delos - loved it! Loved the tour guide. Would have liked just a little more time on the island, but thought this was pretty much the best tour of the trip.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
This was a great tour as well. I loved the statue of Hermes in the museum - I have seen that statue in countless art history books for years, but seeing it in person was an entirely different experience. Plus I got to see the back of the statue, which they do not show in the books lol. I wish we could have spent more time there.