Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

Worst cruise I have ever taken

Sail Date: October 04, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I must say that the staff was wonderful on the cruise. That being said the food was horrible in the dining room chicken looked boiled, the beef brisket looked and tasted like tofu. We ended up eating in the buffet each night for dinner. My daughter and I got bit 6 times by what we think was a spider. They did come in with blue light checking for bed bugs, we told them many times its not bed bugs but they were at least thorough, however we still continued to get bit each night in our cabin. The music was awful, a group called sound bytes ruined every song they sung and every person I spoke to complained about their music. The fact that the ship did not sell duty free alcohol or tobacco is unheard of. Adding 22% sales tax to any jewelry they sold and telling us that we would have to try to get it back at the airport. There were no "fun" things to do by the pool side, it was just music being played over the loud speaker for most of the days. There were a couple of things but that was it. The excursions except for Corfu, which was a rained out disaster were exceptional. Corfu was pretty much a monsoon. We were made to walk through the rain and even with an umbrella we got drenched my feet were squishing then we were made to sit in our wet clothing to watch dancing and eat delicious food but who could enjoy it when we were so uncomfortable cold and wet, this was the excursion Best of Corfu, and we did not get to see all of the items promised on the excursion because of the rain. Our money should have been refunded even though it says rain or shine, it was so bad that the tenders could not dock against the boat, and ended up being quite dangerous for everyone attempting to get back on the ship from the tender.

When debarking from the ship and going to a hotel in Venice, we waited over 40 minutes for a taxi to take us to a tender who took us to the hotel. This too was poorly planned. I/we will never ever sail Norwegian again.

ship was clean
dining food was awful
cabin attendant and staff were wonderful
band in the Spinnaker lounge was horrible and the other music was a little better
Onboard Activities what activities?
Destinations and Excursions with the exception of Corfu ( not the tour guide she was great) the excursions and guides were amazing
nice room with balcony
Venice, Italy
amazing I am looking for an apartment what a beautiful place to visit
Corfu, Greece
unsure it rained heavily
Santorini, Greece
Oia and Fira stunning a must to visit tour gudes exceptional
Mykonos, Greece
we did this on our own and had a blast
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
tour gude for Best of Olympia was amazing she must have been a historian

don't eat in the dining room, if going to the lounge go after sound bytes is finished, buy bug spray in case you get bit in the cabin.